Wednesday, February 13, 2008

100th Post

What a long strange trip it's been. I've been blogging for years now, in fits and starts ... you can see links to everything I've ever written in the sidebar, and man, have I ever come a long way, mentally. Almost every opinion I've ever held has changed, drastically, especially over the past few months. People who know me well have been nothing less than shocked by the transformation that's taken place inside my head.

I don't really know why I keep coming back to it. For the most part it's toiling in obscurity ... but I've never really written anything with the explicit aim of being read. Even when I was a kid, I had the writing bug. I used to spend hours, every day, writing science fiction stories on the family computer, and with no internet the only people who read them were my parents (who were generally baffled by them), my teachers (when I wrote the stories for English class, and they were likewise baffled), and sometimes my friends (who liked them, but then I only showed them the good ones.) At any rate, I suppose being read by a few people a day is better than being read by none.

I've been writing for years, off and on, and I expect I'll be writing for years to come. I'll probably be writing when I'm on my deathbed. And maybe by then I'll have figured out why I do it....

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: